Horslyx Garlic Balancer contains pure garlic oil to help provide a natural and effective way to help combat the problem of biting insects.
Two independent research studies carried out at The University of Aberystwyth have shown that feeding Garlic Balancer can significantly reduce the irritation from flies and other biting insects whilst horses are at grass. The most recent report concluded: “This level of reduction is indicative that the consumption of Horslyx Garlic Balancer produces a beneficial effect for the horse and that this reduction in insect burden will allow the horse to be less irritable and more manageable”. Further information on the study can be found here.
A third independent study at Aberystwyth demonstrated that Garlic Balancer had beneficial effects in decreasing the number of times each affected horse tried to alleviate the irritation of sweet itch. This research concluded: “Feeding Horslyx Garlic Balancer helped to alleviate irritation caused by sweet itch, which in turn may reduce stress, making for a happier, more responsive and co-operative horse”, read the results here.
Why should I feed Horslyx Garlic Balancer?
- To help deter biting insects during the summer months.
- To help alleviate the irritation caused by sweet itch.
- For all horses, all year round for a multitude of health benefits.
- To balance any nutrient deficiencies in forage and grazing – helping to ensure your horse stays healthy and happy all year round.
- When fed at the recommended intake level for your horse alongside the correct amounts of good quality forage, Garlic Balancer removes the need for buckets of hard feed and so is cost effective and will save you money.
- Licking takes time and patience, which is perfect for horses that are stabled for long periods of time and can help reduce stress and boredom.
- Licking enhances saliva production, which helps support the digestive system.